This swim is overlooked but is crammed with potential, many of the larger fish have come from this swim. Margin fishing provides most of the action, to the left you have the bush providing cover in a deep margin, at the end of the lilies there is a natural spring that the carp seem drawn to. Fish the margins and stay off the platform.
New for 2011 this swim now features a Cabin. Although you have limited water to fish there are plenty of lily beds and reeds. At 35yd range there is a small shelf that produces time and time again. Single fruity pop-ups work well. Beware this swim is full of hidden snags.
One of the more popular swims on the lake. Lots of lily beds to fish to and half of the far reed bed. Producing fish regularly. Zigs at 30-40yd range straight in front are deadly.
The Mile named because of the walk. This swim has lots of marginal features. To the right you have half the reed bed and overhanging trees, to the left you have plenty of lily beds and shelves including a small clay bar at the end of the platform. Zigs at 30yds in open water also take a lot of fish.
This swim is hit and miss and has the deepest water (13″ in areas) even the margins are deep. 30-40yds out there is THE SNAG; a large tree that has beaten more anglers than not. Lilly beds to the right can produce some excellent results from this swim.
This swim is extremely popular, controlling 2 pegs, ideal for 2 anglers to bivvy up together. The fish frequently visit this area, tons of marginal areas to fish including reeds and lily beds. Surface fishing produces lots of fish from this swim. Small bags of pellet or single pop-ups seem to be the best bottom tactics. (This is the ONLY peg that can be booked in advance).
- No fixed rigs
- 3 rod maximum (all anglers)
- All rubbish must be taken home or placed in the bins provided
- Large unhooking mat – provided
- Minimum 30″ landing net – provided
- No fish to be removed from the premises
- Fishing permitted to your own swim
- No casting onto other swims
- Lead core is banned
- No pets allowed
- No litter to be placed in the chimney – please use the red bin provided
THE ABOVE RULES ARE COMPULSORY, ANY ANGLERS NOT OBEYING THESE RULES WILL BE BANNED!
- Please ensure you have the correct tackle for the style of fishing, if it’s not up to the job you will be asked to leave.
- Please use your common sense and respect other anglers and your surroundings.
- The owners and acting bailiff have the right to check tackle, rigs and bait at any time during your session.
- DO NOT fish into or bait up other swims even if they are empty as this causes problems with other anglers. You are able to move pegs if available.
- Fishing is from the named swims only, these are: Chimney, Hooters, Platform, Summerbay, Stumpy, Mile. You will be asked to move if you are caught fishing from anywhere else.
- This water is dedicated to carp and pike anglers only.
- Nets, slings and unhooking mats are provided at no extra cost.
- The owner has absolute descretion on all the above rules, on confirming your booking, you confirm to agree to the above.